NAB says no record lost in fire at Lahore office
May 5, 2020 03:00 AM
Just furniture and no record was lost in a fire caused by short-circuiting at the office of the National Accountability Bureau (NAB) in Lahore on Monday evening.
The staff on duty immediately called the Rescue 1122 fire service and the firefighters extinguished the fire within no time. A table, chair and sofa were lost in the fire.
The NAB clarified later that the record of cases under investigation was kept in a separate room and it was completely safe. The NAB said it rejects any speculation in this regard. The NAB said it has an effective 24-hour security in place for the record of cases and measures have been taken to save the record in case of any such incident.