WhatsApp Logo Subscribe
For News Alert

News

TTP planned attack on Chinses in Bisham in Afghanistan, reveals Interior Minister Naqvi

By News Desk

May 26, 2024 05:42 PM


Twitter Share Facebook Share WhatsApp Share

Interior Minister Syed Mohsin Naqvi said that the planning of the Bisham terror attack was made in Afghanistan and banned TTP was involved in the terror attack which had claimed the lives of 5 Chinese engineers who were going to the Dasu dam project on March 26, reported 24NewsHD TV Channel.

Addressing a press conference alongside officials from the National Counter-Terrorism Authority (NECTA) in Lahore, Naqvi revealed that substantial evidence links the March 26 attack to Afghan soil.

On March 26, a convoy of Chinese engineers en route to Dasu was ambushed in a suicide attack that claimed six lives, including five Chinese nationals. The assault involved a vehicle laden with explosives that collided with the convoy.

"The Bisham incident was meticulously planned and executed from Afghanistan," Naqvi stated.

"We have apprehended the main suspects and have solid evidence to support these claims. Security along the borders has been intensified, but terrorists still manage to infiltrate and cause destruction."

The Interior Minister said that the vehicle used in the attack on the Chinese was smuggled from Afghanistan while the suicide bomber who was identified as Mutaqi was also an Afghan national. He said Afghanistan’s soil was used for planning of attack on the Chinese. He said that the interim Afghan government has failed to control terrorists.

He said that Pakistan has taken up the issue with the Afghan Interim Govt but so far Afghan government has not responded yet. He demanded that the Afghanistan government hand over the wanted terrorists to Pakistan. The Interior Minister said that the terrorists were getting support in bordering areas of Pakistan.

Naqvi said the attack on the Chinese was an attack on Pak-China relations. He said economic cooperation with China was of vital importance and Pakistan was taking all possible steps for the security of Chinses citizens in Pakistan.

The Interior Minister said that it was the prime duty of the government of Pakistan to provide foolproof security to Chinses engineers and Chinese investors. Naqvi said that Pakistan has beefed up security at the border areas.

The Interior Minister has demanded that the interim Afghan government arrest the wanted TTP terrorists Bakhtiar Shah, Qari Asadullah and Khan Lala who were involved in the Bisham terror attack and were currently residing in Afghanistan. Naqvi urged the Afghan government to hand over these terrorists to Pakistan.

Naqvi said, “We want good relations, but the Afghan government should address our concerns”.

The Interior Minister reiterated that all Afghans who were residing illegally in Pakistan would be sent back.

The Interior minister said the government was taking steps for the registration of non-custom paid vehicles in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa and Balochistan.

Naqvi claimed that some regional and international powers consider Pak-China economic cooperation against their interests.

National Counter Terrorism Authority (NECTA) National Coordinator Rai Tahir while sharing the details of the investigations told the media that all of the terrorists involved in the attack have been identified while a few of them have been arrested also.

He said after the incident, the forensic teams and security forces got evidence from the site. He said the security forces obtained the chassis number of the vehicle which was used by the bomber. He said during the interrogations, it became clear that this vehicle was imported from Japan in 2006 for Afghanistan.

Rai Tahir also claimed that forensic teams also obtained a dual sim mobile phone which was used by the bomber during the attack. He said during the interrogation, earlier this phone was in the use of Adil Shehbaz, a resident of Mansehra. Moreover, before him, this mobile phone was used by Shafique Qureshi and both were arrested by the security forces and they shared key details after the arrest.

During the interrogations, Adil Shehbaz admitted that he was in contact with TTP terrorist Hazrat Bilal and on his (Hazrat Bilal’s) request Adil Shehbaz and Shafique Qureshi brought a suicide bomber named Muataqi to Haripur for the terror attack on the Chinses engineers.

Rai Tahir said the suicide bomber was sent to Pakistan four months before the incident. The vehicle was brought to Pakistan from Afghanistan via the Chaman border. Rai Tahir said car dealer Imran Swati charged 250,000 from TTP for the transportation of the suicide vehicle from Afghanistan to Pakistan. He said the suicide bomber Mutaqqi was given suicide bombing training in the Kunar area of Afghanistan by the TTP.

 


News Desk


Most Read

  1. Saudi plane catches fire while landing at Peshawar Airport Saudi plane catches fire while landing at Peshawar Airport
  2. PTM leader, poet Gilaman Wazir succumbs to injuries in Islamabad PTM leader, poet Gilaman Wazir succumbs to injuries in Islamabad
  3. Shocking! Savera Nadeem’s extreme weight loss stuns fans Shocking! Savera Nadeem’s extreme weight loss stuns fans
  4. EU top court rules against Austria wolf hunting EU top court rules against Austria wolf hunting
  5. FlyDubai plane makes emergency landing at Karachi Airport FlyDubai plane makes emergency landing at Karachi Airport
  6. TV anchor Ayesha Jehanzeb opens up about painful marriage and father’s behaviour TV anchor Ayesha Jehanzeb opens up about painful marriage and father’s behaviour