WhatsApp Logo Subscribe
For News Alert

News

Young boy, sister die after eating toxic noodles in Lahore

By News Desk

May 30, 2024 12:03 PM


An image of the noodles which the children ate.

Twitter Share Facebook Share WhatsApp Share

Two young children, brother and sister, died after eating toxic noodles in Manawan area of Lahore on Wednesday night, reported 24NewsHD TV channel on Thursday.

According to report, 9-year-old Abdul Rafay and 11-year-old Maryam vomitted after eating the noodles.

The children were taken to hospital but they could not survive.

However, Director General (DG) Punjab Food Authority took notice of the incident and a food safety team has been dispatched to the scene on his orders.

According to spokesperson, the food safety team of Punjab Food Authority will reach the spot and take food samples and send them to the lab for detailed testing.

Food safety teams will also get detailed medical report of children from hospital.

Further action will be taken after receiving the report, the spokesperson said.

There is no compromise on the issue of food safety and strict action will be taken against those responsible after investigation.

 

Reporters: Israr Khan and Mian Kaleem Akhtar


News Desk


Most Read

  1. Saudi plane catches fire while landing at Peshawar Airport Saudi plane catches fire while landing at Peshawar Airport
  2. PTM leader, poet Gilaman Wazir succumbs to injuries in Islamabad PTM leader, poet Gilaman Wazir succumbs to injuries in Islamabad
  3. Shocking! Savera Nadeem’s extreme weight loss stuns fans Shocking! Savera Nadeem’s extreme weight loss stuns fans
  4. EU top court rules against Austria wolf hunting EU top court rules against Austria wolf hunting
  5. FlyDubai plane makes emergency landing at Karachi Airport FlyDubai plane makes emergency landing at Karachi Airport
  6. TV anchor Ayesha Jehanzeb opens up about painful marriage and father’s behaviour TV anchor Ayesha Jehanzeb opens up about painful marriage and father’s behaviour