News

1,832 fully recover from corona, 465 more cases reported

April 18, 2020 12:09 PM


The number of confirmed coronavirus cases in Pakistan jumped to 7,481 after the virus was found in another 465 people during the last 24 hours, 24NewsHD TV channel reported.

According to the figures released by the National Command and Control Centre on Saturday morning, there are 5,506 active cases in the country as 1,832 patients have fully recovered.

See Also: Pakistan to get IAEA’s nuclear tech-based Covid-19 testing equipment

The number of infected persons is 3,391 in Punjab followed by 2,217 in Sindh, 1,077 in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, Balochistan 335, Gilgit-Baltistan 250, Islamabad 167 and Azad Kashmir 48.

As far as the mode of transmission is concerned, 38 percent cases were linked to foreign travel while the remaining 62 percent had been a product of community transmission.

Meanwhile, the death toll reached 143 as another eight deaths were reported during the last 24 hours. Of these, 50 were recorded in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, 47 in Sindh, 37 in Punjab, five in Balochistan, three in Gilgit-Baltistan and one in Islamabad.

On the other hand, 92,584 people have so far been tested for the coronavirus of which 6,416 were carried out in the last 24 hours.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pOavNaBX4NU


Most Read

  1. Farmers can apply for Bardana through App from Saturday as Punjab starts wheat procurement campaign Farmers can apply for Bardana through App from Saturday as Punjab starts wheat procurement campaign
  2. 16 die, 30 wounded as truck carrying 100 pilgrims fall into ditch near Hub 16 die, 30 wounded as truck carrying 100 pilgrims fall into ditch near Hub
  3. Ayeza Khan has ideal stylist squad! Ayeza Khan has ideal stylist squad!
  4. French athlete breaks world record after climbing Eiffel Tower French athlete breaks world record after climbing Eiffel Tower
  5. Punjab students asked to get registered for getting petrol, e-bikes Punjab students asked to get registered for getting petrol, e-bikes
  6. Star woman cricketer Aliya Riaz ties the knot with Ali Younis in intimate Nikkah Ceremony Star woman cricketer Aliya Riaz ties the knot with Ali Younis in intimate Nikkah Ceremony

Opinion

  1. Insights into the Pakistan Stock Exchange's Recent Record High Triumph
    Insights into the Pakistan Stock Exchange's Recent Record High Triumph

    By Zulfiqar Ali Mir

  2. IMEC to sabotage CPEC
    IMEC to sabotage CPEC

    By Dr Asif Channer

  3. 1947 TO FORM 47
    1947 TO FORM 47

    By Dr Asif Channer

  4. Beijing wants to further highlight industrial sector in its country and take scientific innovation to new heights....
    Beijing wants to further highlight industrial sector in its country and take scientific innovation to new heights....

    By Ali Ramay

  5. Global race: China will reduce its unnecessary expenses
    Global race: China will reduce its unnecessary expenses

    By Ali Ramay

  6. Channer Pir: The Great Saint of Cholistan
    Channer Pir: The Great Saint of Cholistan

    By Dr Asif Channer