Pakistan virus tally rises to 4,414; 63 dead
April 9, 2020 11:56 AM
The total number of confirmed coronavirus cases jumped to 4,414 with a death toll of 63 on Thursday, according to official data.
Of the confirmed infected persons, 572 patients have recovered so far in the country.
As for the number of infections, Punjab tops the list with 2,171 cases followed by Sindh 1,128, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa 560, Gilgit-Baltistan 213, Balochistan 212, Islamabad Capital Territory 102 and AJK 33.
As a whole, 56 percent of these cases are linked to other countries while the remaining 44 percent are a result of local transmission, according to the National Command and Opertation Centre.
As far the patients are concerned, a total of 1,403 are currently in hospitals out of which 31 are stated to be in a critical condition.
On the other hand, the most number of deaths are recorded in Sindh and Khyber Pakhtunkhwa with the figures currently standing at 20 each. They are followed Punjab 17, Gilgit-Baltistan three, Balochistan two and Islamabad 1.
Meanwhile, 2,737 tests were conducted during the last 24 hours, meaning that the total has reached 44,896.
There are 462 hospitals in the country, which have COVID-19 isolation case management facilities with 7,295 beds. Moreover, 17,448 suspected cases are housed at 332 quarantine facilities.
In Khyber Pakhtunkhwa, the provincial health department said two more people lost their lives and 31 new cases were reported during the last 24 hours.
A total of 168 coronavirus patients are currently hospitalised in the province with six of them in a serious condition. Meanwhile, 122 people have fully recovered from the virus.
In Peshawar, the coronavirus cases and deaths have jumped to 108 and six respectively.